Profound specialist knowledge
Up to 3 academic lessons, presentations or seminars are held per day by local experts with excellent command of the English language. Topics can include the following:
- The past in the present: How does history influence on present challenges the country faces
- The historic legacy of state socialism and its traces in today’s economy and society
- Transformations: the path from the communist planned economies to today’s specific forms of market economies during the past 30 years
Politics and policies
- Geopolitics: positions in the international setting
- International Integrational Processes
- Controversial issues of today’s domestic policies of the host country
- Governance: how does the state act locally? Modes of public management and modernization efforts.
- The economic environment: opportunities for business
- Foreign capital and its influence on economic modernization.
Culture and sociology
- Intercultural challenges for foreigners
- Corruption and informal economic practices and their relation to local culture
- Specificities of the local business culture.
- Consumer values and local consumption trends
- Local NGOs and their role in modernizing society and politics
- Foreign donors’ assistance projects, especially those supported with Swiss public funds